Search This Blog

Friday 14 October 2011

Finished Billy Bong

 'they do not know what is meant by yesterday or today; they leap about, eat, rest, digest, leap about again, and so, from morn till night and from day to day, fettered to the moment and its pleasure or displeasure (they are) neither melancholy nor bored... A human being may well ask an animal: "why do you not speak to me of your happiness but only stand and gaze at me?' The animal would like to answer, and say: ' The reason is I always forget what I was going to say' - but then he forgot this answer too, and stayed silent: so that the human being was left wondering... 'the eight technologies of otherness' by Sue Golding
 I finally finished Billy Bong (Hung Like a horse) Its hanging in its space @ Sluice artFair I'm Happy!! and all is good in the world....
 This Work is a collaboration with Jonathan Hillson Its been shown at various place's studio1.1, Half Baked, Supernormal and Hackney Wicked, not to mention the cycling around London with it on my bike trailer.
 However it takes up a lot of space and I dont have a lot of space!!! So I have decided to turn it into a wanking cat. I have made a decision that the slim figures of previous work, has to be the way forward as space is an issue but more importantly the slim pieces feel more together. and less fussy if that is possible with my work
 I want to keep elements of this cat but just want to slimline them a bit. I have also talked to Jon about creating one of his video pieces using the cat as its a collaborative piece.
 So watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment